Guides to APA Style
Proper citation is important for all scholarly work. Scholarly work in psychology should adhere to style guidelines developed by the American Psychological Association (APA). The following guides are a good place to start when formatting research papers or creating bibliographies. Other guides to APA style are available.
Zotero allows researchers to save references from library catalogues, research databases and web sites with a single click. It means your time is freed up from the tedious task of formatting citations, allowing you to focus on the research itself.
Why Zotero? Because it
- is an open source software which is free to use and install
- is easy to use
- resides in your web browser where research happens
- works on both Mac and Windows
- its word plugin is compatible with Microsoft Word and OpenOffice
and it allows you
- to import, manage, and annotate citations from various sources
- to include PDFs of articles and other documents
- to handle research and citation management in the same place
- to generate bibiographies in a wide range of styles
- to access your Zotero library from any computer with an internet connection
- to share libraries and group accounts