Advanced Psychology Research Workshop
for PSYC 4000/4001/4170 Students
- Are you looking to improve the quality of your research papers?
- Would you like to impress your professor with a solid literature review?
- Would identifying relevant and available psychological tests take your research up a notch?
- Does doing all the above more effectively and with less frustration sound appealing?
The Advanced Psychology Research Workshop has been developed for students enrolled in PSYC 4000/4001/4170. The workshop will cover:
- advanced search techniques for major databases such as PsycINFO
- major reference sources for psychology
- citation searching using Web of Science and other tools
- identifying and locating psychological tests
- a brief introduction to bibliographic management tools, such as Zotero
It will be hands-on in a computer lab and you are encouraged to ask questions. Ideally, you will come prepared with a research topic for the purposes of hands-on practice during the class, but don’t hesitate to sign up for a session even if you only have some initial thoughts about the directions that your research may take you.
Each workshop covers identical content (so only sign up for one). They are held in Scott Library Room 531. The dates/times are:
- Wednesday, October 12: 2:30 - 4:00
- Thursday, October 20: 10:00 - 11:30
- Monday, October 24: 6:00 - 7:30
- Tuesday, November 1: 6:00 - 7:30
- Tuesday, November 8: 10:30 - noon
- Monday, November 14: 1:30 - 3:00
To reserve a spot, please register for one of the sections of PSYC4XXX at:
LaMarsh Centre Workshop
Can't find what you're looking for? Need help with your research? There are lots of ways to Get Help.
Resources to help you with:
Understanding Your Assignment
Choosing a Topic
Selecting Appropriate Resources
Gathering & Noting Ideas
Revising Your Arguments