Steacie Science & Engineering Library
Contents & Links
- Library Workshop dates
- Finding Books
- Databases/specialized search engines (for scholarly/peer-reviewed articles)
- Is my journal peer-reviewed/refereed? Type in the name of the journal in Ulrich's Periodical Directory
- More Databases/specialized search engines for peer-reviewed journal articles
- Government Documents
- APA Citation style
- Writing Tips
- Mind maps
1. Identify a list of keywords specific to your topic in order to retrieve relevant books, articles, and government publications from the library databases for your essay.
2. Think of a framework and/or a mind map for your topic and develop a thesis statement. This is based on the guidelines provided by your instructors.
3. Sign up and learn how to use Mendeley, a citation management tool in order to create a bibliography in APA within seconds.