1. register for Mendeley web account
2. download Mendeley desktop
3. install Mendeley word plugin (available through Mendeley desktop). Once you install Mendeley desktop install the plugin. A bibliography can be created using the Insert Citation feature in MS Word. Click Insert Bibliography to create final bibliography
4. Install Web Importer in your browser to capture citation information from PubMed, Scopus etc into your Mendeley Web account
5. Once you have added PDFs to your Mendeley desktop you can sync your documents & citations (desktop & web Mendeley).
6. You can create a bibliography in MS Word
7. You can create a private group in Mendeley. Invite a colleague to your group in Mendeley and add documents to this private group.
Mendeley is a tool that enables you to manage citations and PDFs using a desktop client or through your account on mendeley.com. Mendeley also includes plugins for Word or OpenOffice, so you can easily create citations and/or bibliographies as you write your papers. Mendeley users can connect with other researchers in their field and discover what they are reading. There are also groups you can join that focus on particular subject areas or research projects.
Collect & Cite your documents