The February 2013 Zotero webinar was recorded and is available for viewing. It is about 50 minutes long.
What's in this guide
Welcome to York University's Zotero Online Workshop guide. This guide will introduce you to save, organize and format references using Zotero.
Saving and Editing Citations
Synchronizing and Groups
Zotero allows researchers to save references from library catalogues, research databases and web sites with a single click. It means your time is freed up from the tedious task of formatting citations, allowing you to focus on the research itself.
Why Zotero? Because it
- is an open source software which is free to use and install
- is easy to use
- resides in your web browser where research happens
- works on both Mac and Windows
- its word plugin is compatible with Microsoft Word and OpenOffice
and it allows you
- to import, manage, and annotate citations from various sources
- to include PDFs of articles and other documents
- to handle research and citation management in the same place
- to generate bibiographies in a wide range of styles
- to access your Zotero library from any computer with an internet connection
- to share libraries and group accounts