This recorded Zotero webinar explains everything a beginner needs to know (and more) about Zotero in about 45 minutes.
Zotero allows researchers to save references from library catalogues, research databases and web sites with a single click. It means your time is freed up from the tedious task of formatting citations, allowing you to focus on the research itself.
Why Zotero? Because it
- is an open source software which is free to use and install
- is easy to use
- resides in your web browser where research happens
- works on both Mac and Windows
- its word plugin is compatible with Microsoft Word and OpenOffice
and it allows you
- to import, manage, and annotate citations from various sources
- to include PDFs of articles and other documents
- to handle research and citation management in the same place
- to generate bibiographies in a wide range of styles
- to access your Zotero library from any computer with an internet connection
- to share libraries and group accounts