Zotero allows researchers to save references from library catalogues, research databases and web sites with a single click. It means your time is freed up from the tedious task of formatting citations, allowing you to focus on the research itself.
Why Zotero? Because...
- it's an open source software which is free to use and install
- it's easy to use
- Zotero resides in your web browser where research happens
- you can save resources while you find them
- Zotero works on Mac, Windows, Linux, and even mobile devices
- it comes with an easy to use plugin for Microsoft Word and LibreOffice
and it allows you to...
- import, manage, and annotate citations from various sources
- include PDFs and website snapshots so you can take your research with you
- handle research and citation management in the same place
- generate bibiographies in a wide range of styles
- access your Zotero library from any computer with an internet connection
- share libraries and group accounts