Here are a few quick links to commonly-used sources of data & statistics (note that some may require a York login to access):
What kinds of data can I find here?
This guide will direct you to data sources in these broad subject areas:
The above subject areas are also available via the "Subjects" tab on the toolbar near the top of the page. Other tabs provide access to
- microdata (i.e., raw survey data);
- a compilation of major foreign & international sources;
- sources of geospatial data for GIS applications;
- information about RDC (Research Data Centres) - when you need access to master files;
- a list of data centres at other institutions;
- information about open data;
- how to cite your data (VERY IMPORTANT!);
- help, in a variety of ways.
The emphasis is on Canadian sources, but significant foreign/international sources are also highlighted.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of available resources; if you do not find what you need here, contact the Data Librarian. If you require assistance with geospatial data, contact the Map and GIS Librarian.
102F Scott Library
(in the Map Library, on the 1st floor)
(416) 736-2100 ext. 77551
I'm generally around 8:30-4:30, Monday to Friday; check my calendar to see when I'm available. Check the weekly version (default display is monthly) to get additional details.