Here are a few quick links to commonly-used sources of data & statistics (note that some may require a York login to access):
What kinds of data can I find here?
This guide will direct you to data sources in these broad subject areas:
The above subject areas are also available via the "Subjects" tab on the toolbar near the top of the page. Other tabs provide access to
- microdata (i.e., raw survey data);
- a compilation of major foreign & international sources;
- sources of geospatial data for GIS applications;
- information about RDC (Research Data Centres) - when you need access to master files;
- a list of data centres at other institutions;
- information about open data;
- how to cite your data (VERY IMPORTANT!);
- help, in a variety of ways.
The emphasis is on Canadian sources, but significant foreign/international sources are also highlighted.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of available resources; if you do not find what you need here, contact the Data Librarian. If you require assistance with geospatial data, contact the Map and GIS Librarian.
102D Scott Library
(416) 736-2100 ext. 77551
I'm generally around 8:30-4:30, Monday to Friday; check my calendar to see when I'm available. Check the weekly version (default display is monthly) to get additional details.